Love Letter to an Artwork is an ongoing project by Eline Kersten and Joris Burla. Typically, we invite artists to contribute with a love letter to an artwork of their choice, however we are also open to receiving spontaneous contributions. If you like to contribute to the project, please read the following guidelines:
- The project works exclusively with written language, however you may write in the language of your preference.
- If you choose to write your letter in a different language than English, Dutch or German, we may translate it. We give our best to translate it as accurately as possible, although we work with limited resources.
- The letter needs to be handwritten, typed or printed on paper and should be physically sent to the following address:
Love Letter Project
Joris Burla & Eline Kersten
- For each letter, Joris Burla produces an accompanying drawing based on the letter.
- Although we understand that you are practitioning as an artist yourself, we invite you to write a love letter to an artwork not made, created or produced by yourself. The focus lies on artworks of external artists you appreciate.
- Please mention the title of the artwork and artist you are writing to, either in the letter itself or in a seperate message to us.
- You will keep the authorship of the letter, but by sending it, you give us the copyright to publish and reproduce it both digitally and in print.
- You will keep the authorship of your letter, however the overall project is considered to be an artwork by Eline Kersten and Joris Burla.
- The project exists first and foremost online; our current online platforms are the project’s website, Facebook and Instagram. Other forms of presentation (i.e. publications, exhibitions) may be explored in the future. By sending a letter, you agree to take part in all possible modes of presentation.
- We are very happy to receive your letter, but can‘t guarantee that it will be published. Please provide us with your contact details.